[at-l] Odd Bits---

The county we live in has a new visitor's center/arts/theater/etc. combination.  In anticipation of hikers and bikers coming through, they put showers in it.  That's fabulous!  I wish more places along the AT did that.

The down side is that the trail that they're banking on hasn't been built yet.  I don't think the land is even acquired yet.  Plus, the big draw at the other end of the loop trail, the interaction place, went out of business.  It was a huge anti-bellum mansion that had all been restored and a 90 room motel added on.  Gorgeous place.  Closed.

I don't know why I felt led to share this, Kelly's question about town stops, I guess.

anklebear