[at-l] ATMs on the AT

A wonderful thing about post offices is that if
purchase something with a debit card (stamps, mailing
out packages, etc.) you can get cash back.  No ATM
charge to deal with.  Granted, a rurual post office
will not be able to give out as much cash as a large
PO, but it still great to keep in mind if you want an
extra $20 on you for town.

Many grocery stores will also now give cash back on
purchases made with a debit card.

Does not quite answer your question, but it is a handy
way to avoid ATM charges and still get your cash. Used
this method on the PCT last year..I assume it will
work even better on the AT with the larger towns and
such.

=====
--Thoreau