[at-l] OT: Updated Florida Hurricane Prep.

At 01:17 PM 10/6/2003 -0400, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/6/2003 9:47:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>ShaunaShatto@aol.com writes:
>
>>UPDATED FLORIDA HURRICANE PREPARATION
>>
>>We're into the peak of the hurricane season.
>
>        ***  Were a month past the peak and the chances decline everyday.

A month past peak? According to the National Hurricane Center the hurricane
season is Sept. through Nov.

>  I'm of the mind that this early fall pattern that set up the huge trough
> and dipping jet stream over the continent sort of increases the chances
> for a late-season cyclone. October is the time that the SW Caribbean
> sea's latent heat creates storms that drift north towards Florida and the
> Gulf of Mexico. The Cape Verde season is shutting down with unfavorable
> atmospherics hampering formation conditions.
>
>         DC didn't come anywhere near a serious shoreline hurricane
> eyewall impact. The problem is mostly trees falling on powerlines. The AT
> probably needed a bunch of trimming like it did after Floyd. I had to
> clear a section in Harriman with tangled hemlock tops after Floyd. There
> was a 1/4 mile section that took a full afternoon. He also smashed a new
> bridge I had built that we had to then rebuild. I suppose Virginia
> through Pennsylvania were affected similarly...
>
>            We would just have to get out if one came here. We are 400
> yards from the Gulf at 4 feet elevation...

Have you considered moving to higher ground, say Nebraska? The post you
were responding to was a joke. You did notice that before disputing it
didn't you?