From: at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Jim and/or Ginny
Owen
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 5:33 PM
To: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Gathering

We always stick around until Monday morning, and have never had any problem
with that.  The problem comes when people arrive on Wednesday or want to
stay until the following Tuesday or Wednesday.  It can usually be done ,but
you do have to pay extra for it.  Aldha rents the camping area from Friday
through Monday.  I think it's about $10/day if you want to stay late or
arrive early.

Of course, staying until Monday means you have to have a job that gives you
Columbus day off - or take the extra day as vacation.  Those who can't do
that go home early, but I think they miss some of the best times at the
Gathering.  Sunday afternoon still has lots of workshops and there are
always slideshows Sunday evening.  Sunday evening is usually a very mellow
time.  People are tired and relaxed and usually quite happy from the events
of the weekend.  It is a nice time to talk to friends around the campfire
that you only had a few minutes to visit with the rest of the weekend.
Monday morning you say your goodbyes, get lots of hugs, and drive leisurely
home.  After driving so far, I'd much rather spend the extra time. It's
hectic enough trying to do everything I want to do.  I never do get to spend

as much time with friends as I would like as it is.
Ginny