[at-l] Trip Report White Mountains,Day 7: July 26 - Lakes of the Clouds Hut to Appalachia

>"...We had a few nice days and a lot of rainy or foggy days. The photos
>therefore are very uneven in coverage."

Ah. Papa Bear. The natural world is the natural world. Rainy and foggy days are
part of the beauty. You have posted some wonderful photos. But newcomers to
photography need to recognize that fog, drizzle and overcast are a gift, not a
detriment.

One day several decades ago on a very drizzly day, it occurred to me that after
a dozens trips, I had never really seen the wild canyon we had sought before.
The worst time to see and photograph most nature -- especially mountains and
canyons -- is at mid day in the sun. The more overcast, the greater the detail,
at least for nearby objects.  Distant vistas are a different story.

 Weary