[at-l] all things considered

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 12:42  AM, Kelly Whitman wrote:

> Cool, I thought it wouldn't be kosher to take a radio on the trail at
> all; I'd only be interested in using it at night with headphones at a
> very low volume while in camp.

Some people will be unhappy that you have a radio.  And that your
clothes are too
bright, your sticks make too much noise, your lunch isn't organic
enough, your
stove is too loud, you snore, you interrupt their sense of solitude by
existing,
your tent takes up too much room, etc.   I have some choice words for
those
people.  :)

> Can you get any AM on the trail?  What kind of radios where you two
> using?  I have a small AM/FM Walkman that I use when I'm working out,
> I've toyed with the idea of taking it with me on the thru-hike  but I
> figured it wouldn't be able to pick up much, since I mostly listen to
> AM.  Country music and NASCAR aren't high on my interest list, but I
> love talk radio, and think it'd be neat to be able to listen to Coast
> to Coast on the nights when my insomnia kicks in.

I have a Sangean .  I don't recall the model number.  AM was available
but I didn't
listen to it much.

-amy