[at-l] all things considered

Yo
	I went through a couple of those $20, Radio Shcack AM/FM analog
radios. They brought much me much listening pleasure. Sometimes if I
slept in a shelter I would listen to it all night to drown out the
shelter noises. You can pretty much pick up NPR from Springer to
Katahdin. At Gatherings, Trail Days and Rucks you might need something
in your ears i.e. a radio or ear plugs to down out the all nighters.
	After hiking with Chainsaw I had to have a Digital radio with NOAA
Weather on it like the one he has. The digital (Sangean 4.2 oz from
CCrane)CCrane) radio had much better reception than the analog ones.
Often with the analog while listening to NPR and walking the radio
would, with every step or turn in the trail switch between NPR and
some close by local religious station. The Digital doesn't have this
problem it locks on to the station you choose
	When I head out for a couple of weeks I never know. I might listen to
radio 24 hrs a day. Or like my last trip across PA I never even turned
it on. But I did have a tiny MP3 player with meditation music. One
SOBO I met had a neat system. He had an MP3 player that could rip the
music off a CD player. In his bump box he had a CD player and a bunch
of CD's. While in town he reloaded the tiny MP3 player.

chase