[at-l] satellite phones & GPS

In a message dated 9/6/2003 9:04:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> I believe the AT has been mapped by GPS - the results will probably be
> available lin the near future.  The only question in my mind is why one
> would need GPS on the AT.  The AT doesn't exactly present
> any major (or even
> minor) navigation problems.

It is still in the process of being remapped.  "Del Doc" and I decided to wait til spring to pick it back up (mostly due to my work schedule), when he will likely send me out with the unit to get data and he will work the base station and correct and submit said data from somewhere in the area.  We have about 20 miles of NH and the majority of ME to finish, so it looks like I'll finish both ends of the trail by next year some time and only have about 1,400 miles of that lame, easy stuff in the middle (like PA) to go. <g>

Black&blue