[at-l] Where to camp on the AT

>"...if you were to pick a spot on the AT to stay, for a few months where would
>it be?"

Keep in mind that the AT is a trail, not a place to camp for lengthy periods.
There are numerous places along the trail in Maine where I would love to spend a
couple of months. But to do so would be a disservice to hikers.

 One possibility, however, is Avery Col on Bigelow. MATC each year seeks
 volunteer caretakers for the very popular campsite in the col. In return for
 counseling hikers about the principles of "leave no trace," you get to live in
 an abandoned fire warden camp. "A few months" is a bit much, but a few weeks
 strikes me as an ideal way to become acquainted with an incredibly beautiful,
 wild mountain.

  Weary