[at-l] Where to camp on the AT

<<So here is a little survey, if you were to pick a spot on the AT to stay,
for a few months where would it be?  Think about food resupply, water,
shelter and personal hygiene(no cost and no hostel).>>

The best way by far to deal with this? Take a job as a caretaker with the
AMC. You get yourself a cabin tent with a cot, two days off a week for a
trip to Pinkham Notch for resupply and a shower, and you get paid. I think
my site preference would be Imp Shelter.
You could also do the same thing with the GMC (Little Rock Pond, Stratton
Pond, and Griffith Lake are the ones I remember having caretakers) (only
speaking of the AT part of Vt), or you could get a job as as ridgerunner...
Or heck, for all that you could pick up with any of the summer trail crew
programs, if you want to live in the woods ask WeatherCarrot about it
<vbg>.

Riga is where I camped New Years eve, 1999. Great view! I've always liked
Silver Hill, but I never got to see the shelter there before it burned.
Never camped at the other shelter you mentioned...

skeeter