[at-l] Bears bags, fires, and leaving the trail

Kelly,

	I like to hang my bearbag where I can see it from my tent door. Don't
put it any closer than you would like to watch a bear trying to get
it. In the 100 mile wilderness squirrels where really hitting food  bags.
	Usually "no fires" signs like the permanent signs at some shelters
means no camp fires but stoves are ok. Twice I remember in extremely
dry seasons there was a complete ban on fire in the Jefferson National
Forest. Temporary paper signs were posted all over. No fires no
exceptions, no cigarettes, candles, no cooking, NO!
	When you have to leave the trail try to walk on the large rocks
instead of the fragile vegetation. Even when on the trail in Alpine
Zones its a good idea to try and walk on the rocks.

chase