[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 4,Issue 21 (NC At Tag Bill & Glucosamine)

1)  Well, the final steps of the legislative thru-hike here in NC have now
been taken; I am really happy to report that the Governor signed the North
Carolina AT Specialty Tag bill on Thursday, August 14th!  This means we can
now start taking applications for the tag.  We are in the process of designing
the tag, which we were able to get passed as a full background state
attraction plate (which means the whole tag can have a mountain scene
background, with up to three colors, plus white).  The tags will have a
4-digit number, followed by the suffix "AT."  As I mentioned in prior e-mails,
we have to get 300 tag applications in hand before NC DOT will actually
manufacture the tags.  The first tags will be issued 1/1/04, but we need to
get applications (complete with $30.00 checks) completed, starting now!

If you know of anyone with a NC registered motor vehicle who might want to
order one of the AT tags, please let me know off-list at my office e-mail
address, which is:  icw@wardanddavis.com; or call me at my office: 252-633-1101

Thanks again to NC Senator Joe Sam Queen for all his help, to the AT-L list
and Arthur G. for helping inspire my original efforts to do this, and to Brian
King at the ATC!  How about them apples!? :)

2)  Re glucosamine, two things.  First, my wife has taken it with good results
for her chronic knee pain; second, the warning on her bottle states that
people with certain allergies should not take it, so be sure and read the
label first.

Take care,

Thru-Thinker
[Clark Wright]