[at-l] Boiling water does not kill all pathogens

I know that we have already just debated boiling vs. filtering, but I just
discovered this info.  I was looking for info on life and "black smokers"
(see PS).  And I eventually linked to the following info:

"STUDY SHOWS SOME YELLOWSTONE THERMAL WATERS CONTAIN AMOEBIC PATHOGENS"
"Naegleria fowleri is known to cause primary amoebic meningoenchephalitis
(PAM). PAM is an extremely rare disease that causes inflammation of the
lining of the brain and spinal cord and can often be fatal. The disease can
occur when water containing the organism gets into the nose and then moves
up the nasal passages to the brain."
"The Legionella bacterium, found in many types of natural and human-built
water systems nationwide, is capable of causing disease in humans,
especially Legionnaires' disease. "
Now no confirmed cases have been reported, but Yellowstone has shut down
swimming in the areas reported.  This report was dated the 3rd of July,
2003.
The complete article can be found at
http://www.yellowstone-natl-park.com/press/pr46.htm
William The Turtle
	-- Heck, I'm Nuking my water --
		-- Of course I've heard that some bacteria or viruses can
withstand nuclear exposure --
PS	Black smokers are volcanic cones found at the deepest part of the
oceans.  Water down there is way beyond normal boiling.