[at-l] Owie

> This brings up something interesting, and I'm curious about other
> hikers' experiences:  I've never sprained my ankle.  There have
> been many occassions where my ankle twisted on a rock or a root,
> or a hole, but invariably my ankle twists, I give at the knee
> (sometimes almost laying my calf to the ground), and continue on
> without hardly missing a beat.  Have I been lucky, or am I
> unusually flexible in my ankles?

I seem to have this 'skill' as well.  I think that some people move well,
and others don't.  I see this fairly regularly in my martial arts classes.
I will get new students who already know how to move, and others who seem to
have no ability for fluid motion at all.  Those who seem to know
instinctively how to move suffer far fewer injuries in the training process.

Shane