[at-l] To gaiter, or not to gaiter...

My wife wore then for a while because she has perfect aim for kicking rocks
into the back of her boots. However she finally stop when we pinned her
blister problems on them. Wet feet are the primary cause of blister (aside
from bad fitting boots). Gaiters definitely make your feet wetter because
all the moisture cannot get out as easily. With gaiters, amost 100% certain
to have blister problems in less than 10 miles. Without gaiters, rarely a
problem unless it rains or is extremely hot and humid.

It is better to stop and unload the rocks occasionally.

Of course hiking in snow is an entirely different ball game, where gaiters
are essential.

---