[at-l] Something I'd like to Say . . . [to me on-topic,but others may differ)

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your essay describing the
twists and turns of your life as you consider who and
where you are.

Let me offer a caution and reassurance. Not everyone
is blessed with "perfect, divine love." An altruistic
desire to help others is not a certain sign of
pathology or addiction.

I also take the selfish choice of walking as an outlet
that keeps cynacism from crushing my altruism. One
even needs to budget time on this list to avoid the
temptation to let Someone Else's Problems from
becoming one's own.

For instance, this weekend had an interesting thread
about Auto Tags and donations for the AT. Success has
many fathers, as was demonstrated by a few. Failure is
always the fault of someone else, with many fingers
ready to point - well before failure is assured.

Don't let the cynics convince you that pleasing others
is an empty endeavor. Learn how to also please
yourself, without the common cheapshots.

Congratulations for taking a role in developing a
public policy that may help to promote our sport.
Congratulations on considering your life and your
contributions.

OrangeBug