[at-l] Owie

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 09:51  PM, Billie H. Cleek wrote:

> This brings up something interesting, and I'm curious about other
> hikers' experiences:  I've never sprained my ankle.  There have been
> many occassions where my ankle twisted on a rock or a root, or a hole,
> but invariably my ankle twists, I give at the knee (sometimes almost
> laying my calf to the ground), and continue on without hardly missing a
> beat.  Have I been lucky, or am I unusually flexible in my ankles?
> Perhaps my natural reaction differs from others, and that's what saves
> me?

I think you're both lucky *and* flexible.  :)

I've done the flex and keep going thing many a time, as
has most everyone else, I'm sure.  But sometimes things
happen too fast, or there's a rock or root in the wrong place,
or any number of other circumstances.

FWIW, my ankle sprain in June happened while I
was walking down a suburban sidewalk.

-amy