[at-l] Question about food and mail drops

The journals are fantastic - one of the best ways to learn about the trail,
IMO.  Some of those folks can really write, too.

I hope to be class of '04.  Right now I'm just reading and planning.  As an
athlete, I'm in a better shape than say a total couch potato, and I've
changed my workouts to reflect AT prep rather than triathlons, but I still
plan to do some long hikes between now and then.  My biggest concern is cost
(I was laid off from my job a while ago so resources are low).  I've lived
in tents for months and months at time, but as a camper, not a hiker (I've
done tons of hiking, too).  I have some neck and back problems from a car
accident a few years back and ankles that like to turn at the slightest
provocation (I'm figuring on wearing an air brace as a preventive on most of
the trail) so I'm trying to go as light as possible.

Hm... start date somewhere between March 1 and April 30.  LOL  That changes
daily!  I was hoping to start more towards mid-April to reduce the
likelyhood of snow as much as possible since I'm trying to keep down pack
weight, but I'm very open to input and ideas!!  I'm planning on a 6-month
journey, maybe less.

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9