[at-l] first bivy test complete. can someone decribe epic!

> would be inside the bivy sack. As an experiment you might want to try
> pulling a large plastic bag over your sleeping bag to the height you
propose
> making the bivy sack waterproof and see what happens. If it turns out to
be

the test
20 minutes in my bag in my house in the summer
20 minutes in my bag in my house in the summer w/ a plastic bag over the
bottom.
then compare the wetness I felt.

I also have hot feeling feet and sleep with my feet out from under the
covers. even in the winter when my house is only 50 degrees they feel hot
under cover. I can say for me at least I need something breathable... the
first 20 minutes was a warm but dry experience. the next 20 minutes my feet
actually became visibly wet.

so I now know I need some kind of breathable layer and I think I may use
epic. now that I know what to make it from I need to calculate how much it
will weight and see if I can really save weight and complexity with it.

I have never seen epic... is it waterproof or water resistant. does it
absorb moisture... it is 1.7oz as compared to 1.1 oz   so is it a little
thicker strong too?  can you use it as a ground layer also or will moisture
works it was through from the ground.

thanks for the suggestion(s)

Wisperlight

---