[at-l] bivy construction question

Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:37:26 -0400
From: "Jim Bullard" <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com>
Anyway, it would seem to me that if I made a waterproof bivy
sack such as you propose my feet would end up wet by morning
because the condensation would be inside the bivy sack.
### *SOAKED*. Yucky. But...

> As an experiment you might want to try pulling a large plastic
bag over your sleeping bag to the height you propose making the
bivy sack waterproof and see what happens. If it turns out to be
a bad idea at least you won't have much invested in it.
### But the experimentation is dang cheap. Revealing, too, in
terms of just how breathable (or impermiable) various materials
are. Gives you some respect for properly used (ahem) GoreTex.