[at-l] CPR Useless?

I'd call your local Red Cross (where is that Bleeder Guy?) and ask for
updates on CPR (essentially useless in backcountry) and first aid...

Please explain why CPR is essentially useless in the backcountry.  Or did
you mean that getting an upadate is useless?

While I can understand how CPR might be useless for something like a heart
attack if you are hours away from a hospital, I would sure want the people
around me to know CPR if I ever get hit by lightening.  No matter how far up
or in I was.

I'd also hope that after getting hit by lightening  that the good samaritans
finding me wouldn't stop until I get pulse, or am dead cold, or they drop
from exaution.  Whichever comes first.

Not being a physician, and having no up-to- date certification, I may be way
off, however.  Perhaps it is useless to administer CPR in th backcountry.  I
be curious if this is the case since it must take an extrodinary emotional
toll on those who perform it to no avail.  Is it really "essentially
useless" if you find someonew hit by lightening or floating in a pond,  in
those situation where a hospital is many hour away?

Rick B