Solitude problems (was) RE: [at-l] Update on Bob

In a message dated 7/29/2003 11:26:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

> >What are y'all's thoughts about preventing "solitude burnout".

I personally prefer solitude, believe it or not.  The Boy works nights and I
work days, so we rarely see each other.  He closes the restaurant for two
weeks for vacation every year, and by the end of said vacation, I'm ready to kill
him.  My girlfriend, on the other hand, cannot understand for the life of her
why I would rather stay at home alone and read a book rather than go and have
dinner with her.  She's one person that needs constant contact with people.  I
hike alone all the time because I don't know anyone that hikes down here.
And the Florida trail is not as busy as the AT.  I am an only child, and I find
that people who are only children tend to do better in solitude than people
who have siblings.

GoVols