[at-l] Lightning in Colorado

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 05:38  PM, Paul Magnanti wrote:

> No matter how many times I go through a lightning
> storm, it still scares the #*&% outta me..
>
> This past Memorial Day weekend, was doing trail work
> in the Spanish Peaks in SE Colorado. To make a long
> story short, a lightning and hail storm hit. The
> lightning was so close, could see the lighting hit a
> ridge less than a mile away.  I think my heart rate
> shot up a wee bit....

I didn't used to be scared of lightning until I was stuck on
a long ridge in Shenandoah in a lightning storm.  It
was miles to either end.  Lightning struck all around me.
As in within 100 feet of me.  There was nowhere to run.
It went on forever, or at least for 20 minutes, which is
the same thing when you think you're about to die.

Ever since then, lightning makes me very nervous.

-amy