Equipment for an emergency (was) RE: [at-l] In an emergency....

1)	Some waterproof matches or tightly contained matches.  Seperate from
the regular matches I might use.
2)	A small candle or a stub.  Not so much for light as for using to
start fires; especially in damp weather.
3)	Some hard candies for energy.
4)	A box cutter.  I usually carry one anyway.  Sometimes more than one.
They are fairly light.  Have a sharp blade.  And are cheap if bought in a
dollar store.
5)	A box of dental floss. Waxed.  And a cheap pack of needles.
6)	A mirror.  Preferably one with a hole in the middle.  The hole helps
you sight on a rescue party or plan.  Otherwise where you think you are
flashing may not be where you are flashing.
7)	Some good stout cord.  Parachute cord seems to be the lightest to
strength.  Good for a number of things.  Preferably one that can be
unravelled to make fishing line.  Or left whole for tying on a splint.
8)	Some oatmeal/grits/instant b'fast packs.  In an emergency, they can
be swallowed with some water.
9)	Some clean cloth.  Or some LARGE bandage patches.  Cut to size.
10)	A bandana.

Maybe
11)	A few water-purification tablets.
12)	A bicycle or other flashing light.