[at-l] ATC Meeting & a SOT PS - Re: Where would you party/ruck?

>"...I would buy a nice little hiker's hostel/home and an adjoining
>undisturbed/protected wilderness area for wildlife in or near a mountainous
>area of the AT...."

And I have just the place to recommend. 60,000 acres that an international paper
company seems poised to place on the market. Likely price tag? $12 million or
so. It doesn't have a hostel, but a hiking group has just purchased a set of
sporting camps that was an out holding of the parcel. If we promise them an
easement, I think they will lend it to us.

Too much money, you say? How about buying and closing down the Saddleback Ski
area. The owner says he will sell for $2.5 million. That must be a bargain
because us taxpayers paid $4 million for just a few hundred acres on the ridge
line a couple of years ago.

 Weary