[at-l] R'nR article/heat exhaustion/sunburn

Charles,

	I agree with you . My dermatologist told me that it is very foolish
for anyone to think that they can build up a tolerance for the suns
affect on their skin. Maybe tanned people can stay out longer without
the obvious affect of sunburn, but, Melanoma (skin cancer) is brought
on by the cumulative affect of sun exposure. Each individual has a
certain exposure limit. For example maybe mine is 2,000 hours of sun
after which melanoma is most likely to form. This cumulative affect is
why it is so important to use sun protection whenever possible
throughout your life. If you are in my age group who grew up before
this enlightenment. Then it is especially important to reduce exposure
now. We used zero sunscreen when I was a child. Baby oil perhaps.
	Men get skin cancer on their left arm much more often than other body
areas. The reason is said be that the left arm is exposed to the sun
while driving and so accumulates more sun time.

This is what the dermatologist told me as best I can put it in my own
words.

chase