[at-l] Trail Dish for non-trail party

Recently got asked for a trail dish to serve at a non-trail party: For
adults and youths.  Although the group is going to go hiking, most are
really non-hikers.  But they are going to have a "send-off" party before the
trip -- actually several weeks before the trip.  But they wanted "real"
trail dishes.  Though I gather they would jerk back from a "pot-luck" stew
or road-kill ;-).  So I -- off the top of my head -- recommended s'mores.
Any other suggestion?  Or recipes that could be adapted?

William, The Turtle