[at-l] Camera recommendations

More seriously. I'm a fan of Olympus film cameras. On long distance hikes, I
carry an Olympus Stylus Zoom 140. Its 38-140 zoom produces both good closeups of
flowers and stuff, and pretty good landscapes.

 But since I've started doing more serious photography for the two land trusts
 I'm associated with, I've purchased an Olympus IS 50 with a 28-120 zoom. The IS
 50 has four times the bulk and twice the weight (24 ounces with film, vs 11
 ounces) but is considerably more versatile (faster lens, and more exposure
 adjustments.) Plus the through-the-lens viewfinder makes for more accurate
 formatting, important since I do slide shows, occasionally.

 The advantage of the Stylus Zoom is that it is small enuf to fit in a breast
 pocket, where it is instantly available.

 Weary