[at-l] dustpan karma...

Here's a funny little tale: (Actually, I'm not so sure it's funny, or a
tale...and, knowing me...it ain't little, neither)

This morning I was gathering up some trash for to haul to the
trash-truck man. I was getting rid of some of that stuff that ya oughta
throw away, but for some reason ya never do. Well, I picked up this dust
pan. I've had it for years. The hiker formerly known as Mrs. Felix had
bought it a long time before she divided up our furniture. This dustpan
was cracked. Had been cracked for years. Many years. I mostly used it to
clean up ashes and bark around the woodstove. It didn't need to be not
cracked to use for that. So, this morning I'm standing looking at this
dustpan and I say to myself (and, I really did say this) "Christ, I buy
a new damned dustpan if I need one." (I have others.)  So, I toss it in
the bag....and, instantly mist it. I was strong, however, and left it in
the bag. I go off to see the trash-truck man (who happens to be my
uncle, on my mom's side.) (That means my mom's side of the family...not
that my mom and my uncle are attached at that side...anymore). After the
visit to the trash-truck man (my uncle), I went to do some mowing for
the fone company. I'd been there working for about two hours when I
happened to be near the edge of a busy highway (Highway 46 in
Ellettsville, IN for you following along with the guidebook).
Well...there at the edge of the road was none other than a brand-new
(though slightly scuffed from highway-skiddin') dustpan. I looked at it
like this...and kinda shook my head in disbelief. Then, I went and
picked it up and we all lived happily ever after...Meanwhile, back at
the ranch...

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98