[at-l] We screwed it up -

We were supposed  to leave this morning to go backpacking. But I forgot to
set the alarm last night, so by the time we got up, fed, packed, took care
of some stuff around the house - and pulled the glass out of Ginny's foot -
it was 1230 and too late to do what we'd intended.

So we grabbed the day packs, and headed for Prince WIlliam Forest Park.
It's a National Park in northern Virginia.  Has lots of hikng trails as well
as about 35 orienteering courses.  We've done all of the more difficult
courses in the past - and all of the trails.  But we keep going back- it's
really nice hiking - and not too far from home.  We do need to get back
there with the compasses one of these days though.

Anyway, we did a short loop (about 8 miles),  Amazing how even a short hike
can clear the mind, improve the circulation - and the attitude.  We'll go
out for another 10+ tomorrow.  Then we've gotta get serious about getting
ready for two weeks in Canada.

Can't claim really hot weather today though - it was only in the mid to high
80's.  Humidity about 85%. Really nice - almost frigid <VBG>

Walk softly,
Jim