[at-l] Hiking in Florida (and other hot places)

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 11:17  AM, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:

> Bryan -
> We live near Washington, DC.  We get the same humidity - and sometimes
> higher - that you do.  And the 90+ temps.  We spent 3 days in PA over
> July 4 weekend - it was hotter and more humid than in Florida.  And
> had more climbs.

It gets more humid than 100%?

I too live near DC.  It gets icky here in the summer.  It does not
compare with
South Florida.  Really.  The sun is far more intense there.  If you
blindfolded me
and dropped me into Sarasota in the summer, I'd sure as heck know I was
lot closer to the equator than DC.

> Uh - hey, grey owl - or anyone else who was there - what was the temp
> in da Nam when you were there?  How much of an excuse was that?  Now
> that was NOT a fun hike, but it makes Florida seem almost frigid.
> <VBG>
>
> We hike in summer.  No excuses.  <G>

Yeah, but you have the option, at least, of heading to a little bit
higher elevation.

> But YMMV - we all make our own choices, don't we?

I choose to work my butt off at a farm all summer.  *grin*

-amy