[at-l] Rain gear question (was Mountain Hardware Customer Service)

In a message dated 7/19/03 1:11:55 PM, jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

<< I've looked at the Packa (Shane tried hard to convince me quite a while
ago)

and I like the concept but according to the site  it is designed for

internal frame packs and may not fit over external frame packs (too wide). I

hike with an external frame pack that I like and I'd rather not have to

spend more money to get a pack that will fit under my rain gear. >>

I have an external frame pack for which Eddie custom made a Packa.  It works
quite well.  And his price was reasonable.  I used it for my 4 week hike from
Springer to Davenport Gap.  Lots of snow and rain to test it.  Contact him
through his website to see if he can help you.  Tell him I sent you.  (Not that
it will help any.)

                                            Art