[at-l] OT - Shin Splints and physical training

  I get shin splints very very easy,  as a matter of fact I am sitting here
with shin splints...   I have tried everything I know to avoid them.. From
holding my legs straight and writing the alphabet in the air with my toes, to calf
exercise,  stretches galore.   I have gone and had my shoes looked at by the
local running store, bought new shoes and I still eventually get shin splints.
  I run 18-21 miles a week at around 6.5 mph... for those of you who run know
this is not very fast, not very fast at all.

  I am going to see a Navy doctor tomorrow and insist I see  someone in
orthopedic.... enough is enough... ug!

  Does anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do about it.  BTW
quit running is not an option for me.. It is job related that I run... The
side benefit is that it also keeps me in shape to backpack. :)

  Sparky!