Oversold stories (was) RE: [at-l] Goretex - a scam?

The most oversold story out there.  It is easy "Cotton
Kills".  Never was any evidence though one time my t-shirt
got wrapped aound my neck.  Cotton doen't kill STUPIDITY
KILLS.  You can carry all the high tech equipment in the
world and still freeze to death.  More people have died
climbing Denali than has ever died on Mt. Washington, and
none of the former were wearing cotton.  Rumor has it that
the slogan Cotton Kills was a brain child of GoreTex.

Grey Owl