  From: at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Bror8588@aol.com
  Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 1:38 PM
  To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Subject: [at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 21 To: JNS about Back Rest.

  In a message dated 7/11/03 1:01:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
at-l-request@mailman.backcountry.net writes:

    I was thinking the same thing. Make the Strappack convert into a chair
and
    you've really got something.

    I've cut out pounds and pounds of weight from my pack, but I'm not yet
ready
    to give up my Thermarest with chair conversion kit!

  Doesn't the advice of the great Hiking Guru inform us at this point?
Colin Walker used his pack and hiking stick to provide a backrest for
himself.  I can't remember what he sat on -- perhaps a jacket or sleeping
bag.

  Skylander Jack