From: Quoleldil [mailto:quoleldil@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:39 AM
To: AT-L
Subject: [at-l] Topical Off Topic Post

I like the AT-L "campfire" metaphor best.
If AT-L winds up with a moderator or minder I'll probably resign the list
altogether.
Mostly grown-ups are here and grown-ups can decide what they want to read
and what they don't want
to read and know how to hit delete buttons. There are some kids here so we
try and keep the chat
PG, though it sometimes slips to R, which is really ok since it's only
sometimes ...
Sometimes I lurk, sometimes I don't. Priorities elsewhere don't allow me the
time I once spent
here. I don't like the flames into which I've sometimes been drawn over the
years, but mostly I've
learned to delete them. Sometimes I'm here for info, sometimes for humor,
sometimes for
camraderie. My mood and interests change over time so what I look for, give
here, or take here
changes, too. Some folks' opinions I like, some I don't particularly care
for, but mostly I'd feel
poorer if people got booted because someone thought someone else wasn't
sufficiently topical to
belong around here. Watch, listen, wander off, come back, give some, take
some, and jump in when
you can and jump in surprise when someone throws some white gas or a
firecracker in the campfire
(unless you saw them do it and are ready for it, in which case give the rest
of us a warning) ...
that's about all I'll say on this off topique topic ...

=====
David Addleton
vocate atque non vocate deus aderit
http://dfaddleton.home.att.net/