[at-l] sleeping safety while in the hammock

Robert Moore wrote:

>Cant imagine what might happend if a frightened and running scared moose
ran between the trees supporting your >hammock...thinking of that makes me
glad I didnt know about hammocking when I was hiking on Isle Royale :)

So how is it more likely that a moose (or bear) would blindly plow into a
hammock a foot or so off the ground than blindly run over a tent that is on
the ground? If an animal is running in panic I don't see what difference it
makes except that small animals would go right under a hammock. This danger
of hammock & bears/moose thread reminds me of Bryson's entire chapter in
which he was freaking out over the possibility of being attacked by a bear.
You have far more cause to worry about a drunk driver colliding with you on
your way to the supermarket this afternoon.

Saunterer