[at-l] Topics of discussion

I have talked to a number of former thru hikers the past
several months.  I was trying to figure out how come their
online journals went to hell after a couple of months on the
trail.  I think I know why.  The top four topics of
discussion, in a shelter, after two months on the trail are:

1.  How much food you have in your pack.
2.  How many miles you are going to hike the next day.
3.  How well your bowels are working.
4.  What color is your urine.

These of course make wonderful items to post to ones trail
journal.

Grey Owl