[at-l] alcohol

In a message dated 06/26/2003 12:57:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hudsom@us.ibm.com writes:

> There was a cartoon I saw someplace years ago; two guys standing around the
> office water cooler, and one guy says "If I'd known I was going to be this
> thirsty I would have drank more last night."  <g>

That sounds like my Dad's reasoning! He once came home drunk from the local
pub, sans car, and I thought he was being responsible.  Nope, he was PISSED.
He couldn't FIND the car.  I walked to the pub (it was four blocks from our
house) and there was the car, right outside the front door.

God bless my Dad.  He has parkinson's and doesn't drive anymore, and only has
the occasional beer, but boy, he used to be a boozer.  He's still funny as
hell though., and smart as a whip.  He reminds me of the Boy.