OT: Lawyer Joke (was) RE: Looking for furniture? (was) RE: [at-l]Re: at-...

In a message dated 06/26/2003 12:31:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nealb@midlandstech.com writes:

> But I guess this pertains more to
> a divorce or civil lawyer than a criminal lawyer.

Oh yeah, our clients are usually court appointed.  It's no longer acceptable
in Florida to use the public defender's office for capital crimes, as they are
usually right out of law school, and the defendant doesn't get a fair trial.
So, being an experienced law firm, we qualified to be appointed as special
public defender on capital cases.  That's where the bulk of our business comes
from.  The other is from the wife, girlfriend or mother (it's always the woman)
of the defendant, who mortgages the house to the hilt to pay the defendant's
legal fees.  Sometimes, we actually get a client with money, but very rarely.

GoVols