[at-l] Tip on cleaning thermos; possible water bottles

> Cleaning a Thermos To remove strong odors, like
coffee, from a thermos,
> simply fill with warm water and drop in a denture
tablet. Works like a
> charm!

In my teens, I had braces and wore a retainer-like
thing on my upper jaw.  The recommended way to clean
it was to soak it in denture cleaner.  I found that
all the denture cleaners I tried left behind a
noticeable (and not particularly nice) taste.  I would
scrub the retainer with a tooth brush and tooth paste
to remove the taste, and still not get all of the
taste off.  You won't find me putting denture cleaner
in any of my food or water containers!  My choice
would be hot water and soap first (and a good
scrubbing), and try soaking in a baking soda solution
if odors linger.