[at-l] Cimmaron, the 80 year old hiker.

I just wanted to let those that are interested Cimmaron, the 80 year old
hiker is back on the trail.  I dropped him off around noon time Saturday at Iron
Mountain Gap.  He was planning on spending the night at Clyde Smith Shelter.  I
imagine today he'll  reach the Kincora Hostel.  From what I understand he'll
be hiking a couple weeks before leap-frogging north (not sure where) and will
pick up the missed section sometime in the fall, perhaps soon after the
Gathering.

He was given a cortizone shot for what I think was tendonitis below the knee
and he appeared to be walking fine with little or no pain.  His base weight
was said to be 29 pounds with a few days of food and water, carrying an external
frame pack.

Nice guy, I wish him well.

Sly