[at-l] Trails as charity?

>"...I was at a "book party" yesterday to celebrate the publication of a new
>book,  "On Wilderness, Voices from Maine." a collection of essays by Maine
>writers."

This is truly a fine book, even with my very minor contribution, promoting
protection for the Appalachian Trail. The publisher is Tilbury House, 2 Mechanic
Street, Gardiner, Maine 04345. The cost is $15 plus shipping.

 If anyone on the list wants a copy, send me an address, and $15. I'll figure
 out a way to deal with the shipping.

 I found the party a bit depressing -- not because of the book -- but by the
 enormity of the challenge. A participant who is far closer to the problem than
 I am, estimated, "we need $250 million quickly; $500 million in a couple of
 years."

 Truly an opportunity of a lifetime is at hand. And sadly we squabble over the
 most petty things.

 BTW, the authors don't get a royalty. Any profits go to the cause of wildness
 protection.

 Weary