[at-l] Re: Trails as charity?

Some helpful Q&A on continuing this (and other related) thread(s):

Q: I saw a long message that I wish to rebut carefully, what should I
do?

A: Include the entire text with your message, particularly the
signature, and include your comments closely packed between the lines.
Be sure to post, and not mail, even though your message looks like a
reply to the original.  Everybody *loves* to read those long
point-by-point debates, especially when they evolve into name-calling.

Be sure to follow-up everything, and never let another person get in
the last word on a net debate.  Why, if people let other people have
the last word, then discussions would actually stop!  Remember, other
net readers aren't nearly as clever as you, and if somebody posts
something wrong, the readers can't possibly realize that on their own
without your elucidations.  If somebody gets insulting in their
postings, the best response is to get right down to their level and
fire a return salvo.  When I read one net person make an insulting
attack on another, I always immediately take it as gospel unless a
rebuttal is posted.  It never makes me think less of the insulter, so
it's your duty to respond.

Hope this helps.

Steve

<snip>