[at-l] Violence at 4 Pines Hostel.

What hogwash, he was the one who got himself drunk and he is the one
responsible for his actions. Drunkenness is no defense in the eyes of the
law either.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

            ***   Care should be taken to judge too quickly the actions of
an inebriated person. A seriously drunk person is not in control of their
senses. To take their actions and highlight them as if they were considered
and intentional is slightly unfair. Still, the AT is no place for drunken
binges. Some, apparently, think it is.

          A classic picture is gotten from this incident of current Trail
problems and the Trail Community. I honestly don't know what I would have
done, or if anything could have been done. I do know there are persons in
the Trail Community who spoke of organizing against this problem and were
rejected...

        It sounds like an alcohol problem. I hope the person works it out
and comes to terms with everyone and every thing involved...

        I suppose if this hiker plans on continuing his hike he should be
advised he is on notice with Trail authorities...