[at-l] Violence at 4 Pines Hostel.

Moose wrote:

  She had to pass by FUBAR who
  was on the ground vomiting. As she passed by him, Popsicle said to FUBAR "
  Very attractive, thank you for sharing". As she walked, she heard someone
  running at her. Popsicle turned to see what was happening and FUBAR jumped
  at her, placed both hands around her neck in a strangle hold, and knocked
  her to the ground.

Then R&R wrote:

          ***   Care should be taken to judge too quickly the actions of an inebriated person. A seriously drunk person is not in control of their senses. To take their actions and highlight them as if they were considered and intentional is slightly unfair. Still, the AT is no place for drunken binges. Some, apparently, think it is.

So I write:

No, there's no care that should be taken at all.  Alcohol is too often used as an excuse for doing things that wouldn't be done when sober.  Then the response is "I'm sorry, I was drunk".  But drinking is not an excuse.  I don't care if he'd been drinking - I'll still "highlight" his stupidity.  There's nothing unfair at all about it.  He's lucky somebody didn't retaliate against him that night.

Charles