[at-l] Fiftieth Anniversary of Hillary On Everest

And let's not forget Tenzing Norgay who carried the
gear.  His grandson has an op-ed piece in today's NYT
from... http://tinyurl.com/cz8j

<snip>
Still, I have been lucky. I have managed to hold on to
both worlds. I have reached the summit of Everest
twice but have never had to carry 75-pound porter
loads as my grandfather and so many other Sherpas did.
In fact, in 1993, I was the first Sherpa to lead an
international climbing team (an expedition in which
Western climbers carried their own loads).
<snip>

Steve