[at-l] Central Virginia

Folks,

I'm currently planning a trip in August from Rockfish Gap to Pearisburg,
probably averaging a leisurely 10-12 miles per day.  I've reviewed the
trail maps, companion, and databook, and other literature.

I know temperatures here in DC around the same time are hot and humid -
will the weather be comfortable enough for hiking?  Stream levels okay
in August?

Has anyone stayed at the 4 Pines Hostel near Catawba?  Any information?

Any other advice you can offer on this section is much appreciated.
 It'd be nice to go from 470 miles done to 700.

Six2