[at-l] computer help urgently needed

hi -

this is actually very trail related even though it won't appear so at the
moment.....

Here's the problem - I need to download several JPEG images off the web. In
this situation it is very important that the saved result is also in that
original JPEG file/format. Every time I try to save one (by clikcing on
"Save Picture As..."), it then only gives me the option of a BMP (bitmap)
file type and nothing else. This results in a saved image that is 10-60
times bigger than it's supposed to be. In this case it goes from about 870k
as a JPEG  to about 58 megs as a bitmap. what can be done to resolve this?
by the way, i'm  using windows xp and have very little computer experience
with this type of thing, so detailed instructions would be helpful.

thanks!

wc