[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 5

It was good to get Issue # 5 after a period of drought.  I suspect that AOL
was asked to suspend the AT-L Digest by someone who was offended by some of
the content.  If this is true it is a lousy, sneaky, underhanded, cowardly,
and objectionable way to deal with controversy.  The honest thing to do would
be to confront the offending issues and try to debate in an open minded way.
That way education could have taken place.  Of course, if the issues
presented were true and there was no justifiable defense the offended party
could acknowledge their guilt and move on or just move on.  I contacted AOL
TOSREPORTS and got a response indicating that they would deal with the
request (Mail Ticket No. 498078) made by Ryan.  The reason that I feel the
disruption was caused by a complaint is that when I contacted the technical
Helpline I was referred to the Community Relations Dept. of AOL.  When I
asked for their snail mail address the person I spoke to said just write to
TOSREPORTS.  So, are we now back in operation?  Has any explanation come
forth from AOL?

No matter at this point.  Now we can focus on the AT and its issues.  Any
news from Trail Days?  Any word from a Thru-Hiker?  Is the weather affecting
anyone adversely? Is there some positive benefit from rain such as keeping
the party goers away from the AT where the road crossings are near to a
Shelter?  Next week I will be walking on a portion of the NY or NJ AT and
will report anything I find that is of interest to me.

Lately (during the blackout from AOL) I have discovered www.WhiteBlaze.com
and www.Trailjournals.com and have found much information.  But it is good to
have the Digest back.

Jack